Penn Jillette on God & Money

As heard on NPR's Morning Edition, November 21, 2005
I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism. Atheism is not believing in God. Not believing in God is easy -- you can't prove a negative, so there's no work to do. You can't prove that there isn't an elephant inside the trunk of my car. You sure? How about now? Maybe he was just hiding before. Check again. Did I mention that my personal heartfelt definition of the word "elephant" includes mystery, order, goodness, love and a spare tire?...read article

In No God We Trust Penn - 3/17/07
They don’t know how many were printed but some guess about 50,000 new Washington dollar coins were printed without “In God we Trust” on the edge. Now the 1930’s Standing Liberty without “In God We Trust” goes for about 7 million, so this was a great chance to get an American coin without “In God We Trust” for a decent price. Only an obsessive nut would not allow the words “In God We Trust” in his pocket, and I cross the word “God” off every bill I touch, and I don’t carry change. That’s me...read article

No comments:

...

Saint Fillan's YouTube Favorites